Conduit
There is trigger warnings on this post.
When gods are silent, it is left to mortals to do what is needed to be done.
It is 2025. Izzy and Mols are both Hellenistic Polytheists. They both worship a variety of gods. Some are from Olympus and some are from the dreaded Underworld. But since a young girl, Izzy has been plagued with visions of natural disasters.
Hades, The God of The Underworld, is waiting for his beloved wife, and Queen Persephone to return. When she does not...he starts to panic.
Hades sends Thanatos to get the Oracle.
Which...just so happens to be Izzy.
Suddenly, Mols and Izzy are thrust into a world where reality and myths blur. The friends must navigate treacherous politics of Olympus and unravel secrets that will bind their fates to the gods.
The narrative explores themes of love, power, trauma, and redemption. Weaving together the fates of Gods and mortals into a richly detailed and emotionally charged tale. The story also tests the bounds of judgements and views mortals hold against the gods. Just sometimes....you do not need a sword to win a fight.
Oh did I say? It is only book one...
It is 2025. Izzy and Mols are both Hellenistic Polytheists. They both worship a variety of gods. Some are from Olympus and some are from the dreaded Underworld. But since a young girl, Izzy has been plagued with visions of natural disasters.
Hades, The God of The Underworld, is waiting for his beloved wife, and Queen Persephone to return. When she does not...he starts to panic.
Hades sends Thanatos to get the Oracle.
Which...just so happens to be Izzy.
Suddenly, Mols and Izzy are thrust into a world where reality and myths blur. The friends must navigate treacherous politics of Olympus and unravel secrets that will bind their fates to the gods.
The narrative explores themes of love, power, trauma, and redemption. Weaving together the fates of Gods and mortals into a richly detailed and emotionally charged tale. The story also tests the bounds of judgements and views mortals hold against the gods. Just sometimes....you do not need a sword to win a fight.
Oh did I say? It is only book one...
Out 21st of April: Conduit
ABOUT CONDUIT
So, funny enough this book was only meant to be my telling of the story of Hades and Persephone. There was not meant to be my best friend in it or me. It was literally just a book about Hades and Persephone.
Somehow it turned into the mess it is.
I am very proud of this book which is 725 pages long. There is so many little hidden easter eggs within the books that relate to tarot cards and more. The mortals in it are 22 and 27 years old. The gods in it are not all telling or very nice. But it is mostly about how mortals view certain gods. I will explain that a little more.
One of the subplots is do to with Poseidon.
I know, I can hear you already groaning.
He is not a love interest, and not much of a friend. Mols in the book hates Poseidon to an inch of her life. She holds Medusa over his head and is constantly letting him know it. No, it does not end well.
Why have I put that in there? Mostly because it was one way to show how myths can distort a mortals view on a god. Mols herself, is a rape victim. So I did not just also want it to be that clean cut that she is simply being horrific to a god because of his past actions. I wanted to build on a very complex situation and see what happens. but it did bring up the question: Are the gods evil?
No.
They are not. As a Hellenic Polytheist, the gods are not evil. Mortals think they commit acts of evils, but to a god it is no evil. They do not have a moral standpoint. Though, I do challenge that view a little through Ares. I will do a seperate post on Ares, as it is quite complex with him.
The book I hope does challenge views and also make you go: Oh fucking hell. I cringed at my own work and I have had so much anxiety with this book because of the content. I have never written a book like this in my life.
It is an eighteen plus for a reason. Not because there is sexual content. There is zero.
It involves mentions of miscarriage, and rape. I am not comfortable with anyone under the age of 18 reading that. Again there is no graphic content of that, it is my personal opinion. It is unfortunately, my own story.
I wanted to immortalise the miscarriage I had after I was raped. Which I know people are going to be like: Why would you do that?!
It is part of my healing journey and I appreciate that not everyone is going to want to do that. But...for me she was innocent of all wrong doing. Should she have been there for me at age of sixteen? No. Would I have got an abortion if I figured out I was pregnant? Yes. Because no one should have to carry a child borne from rape.
If you do not agree with me on that, you can go fuck yourself. This book is not for you.
The book is political.
You have to look of the politics but it is there. This book is my political commentary and I do not care if it is in a fantasy base and if that ruins it for people.
The whole point of the book is that one person actions in power can have crippling affect's for everyone.
No it is not actions Zeus takes. I am waiting for the second book to show you who the main villain is.
The book is also about how inaction has crippling affects.
The action is seen through Zeus, but to be fair to him in the book. It is not entirely his fault.
Again, I will do a character post on individual gods as they all have different meanings. Either way, this book was written in a year. Gone through five edits and there will still be mistakes but...I have dyslexia. I cannot afford an editor.
I do hope you enjoy the book as I cannot wait to share Ichor with the world.
Mary x

Comments
Post a Comment